Safety First - Koh Mak Now Leads The Way!
Four and a half years ago my son was stung by a box jellyfish on a beautiful deserted beach on one of Thailand’s little jewels, Koh Mak. Expert medical and scientific opinion in Australia said that he should have been killed by massive envenomation; myself and his mother should have been grieving the loss of our little boy. Instead, he miraculously survived, we count our blessings, then a few months later a different family was gripped by the tragic death of their young daughter on Koh Lanta. Stung and killed by a box jellyfish while they were on holiday.
At the time, most denied the existence of box jellyfish. It’s all on record in online media and forums; ‘never seen a box jellyfish so they do not exist’, ‘never heard of them here’, ‘maybe must swim up from Australia and attack Thailand’ etc etc. Everyone was an ‘expert’. Few were right.